Tuesday, 10 February 2015

My Love of Books

One of the things I haven’t spoken about yet on Boothy’s Abode is my love of reading.

Maybe this is because my rate of finishing a book in recent months has rapidly declined. I don’t really have a valid excuse for this other than Gossip Girl taking over my life and general lack of motivation to pick up a book.

I have previously been a little bit embarrassed about the genre of books I prefer. I don’t know why, I just thought other people might think I was a bit weird. I am sure some people do, but then there must be tonnes of people that love the authors too. The books I am talking about are romantic suspense/crime books, some, such as Karin Slaughter are very intense. 

My favourite authors are:
Karin Slaughter
Karen Rose
Mary Burton
Allison Brennan
Jessie Keane

Of course I like other genres too. I am currently reading Game of Thrones (I think Tyrion needs a big hug!) and my all time favourite is Wuthering Heights.


I have a few different ones in my amazon basket at the moment

Sophia Amorusa – Girl Boss
Lena Dunham – Not that kind of girl
Arianna Huffington – Thrive

I haven’t read anything like this before but I have heard such good things about them, I think I would be stupid not to give them a go.





If you can think of any must reads please do share.
Blog design by aleelily designs | Powered by Blogger.