Monday, 3 November 2014

Family time in Center Parcs

This weekend all my family went to Center Parcs (Sherwood Forest). 

It was the first time both Peter's parents and my own had been away together, so I was a little apprehensive, but they got on so well and we had such an amazing time.

I have always wanted a big family getaway (just like they do on Gavin and Stacey) so I was super excited. We had at least 4 'meetings' about the weekend, basically just so we could talk about it and look forward. Of course I devised an itinerary for while we were there, just so we could fit everything in that we wanted to....although a few more hot chocolates wouldn't have gone a miss!

I have been to Center Parcs so many times growing up and I have many great memories cycling in the forest, going on midnight walks with Dad and of course the pancake house! I couldn't wait to go with Peter and show him the ropes.

Our pumpkins for Halloween. The white one on the left was mine, I am pretty proud of it actually. I think they all looked fab though, it was impossible to choose a favourite.


The morning after. A little squirrel trying to take off with our pride and joy..


And trying to get into my bedroom....cheeky!


Mum's preparing breakfast....



...and Dad's enjoying a Bucks Fizz.




Having a stroll to burn off all that pastry.



And then putting it all back on!




Peter booked me a surprise back massage on Sunday morning at the Aqua Sana Spa. It was wonderful, just what I needed. 

On the way back to meet the gang, I had a little wonder and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the forest.





The peace and quiet was quickly put to an end after I met the troop at crazy golf.









At the driving range. We weren't much cop at all



Spotting the wild life. I wanted to take him home so Bailey would have a little friend.



On the last night they had a firework display by the beach. We all got wrapped up and ventured out to see the show.








It was a perfect end to a perfect family weekend.

I am now sat cuddled on the sofa planning our next big family getaway!
Blog design by aleelily designs | Powered by Blogger.