Friday, 3 October 2014

Love yourself first and everything else falls in line

I have been on a diet for as long as I can remember. I have done calorie counting, slimming world, weight watchers, juice cleanses, 0 carbs…the lot. And I am probably heavier than I have ever been.

I have lost weight on these diets, don’t get me wrong, but as soon as I slip off the band wagon I put the weight back on.

Over the past few weeks I have been thinking a lot about this and the effect it will have on me. Do I want to be on a diet for the rest of my life,  restricting what I do and where I go? Can’t have popcorn at the cinema, can’t go out for a meal unless I have salad, cant have an ice cream at the park, can’t have fish and chips at the seaside! No I definitely DO NOT!

So I am now on a mission to learn to love my body. To be confident and comfortable in my skin. I think that is vital to every woman out there.

It has finally dawned on me, after nearly 10 years on a diet that I just need to be healthy and do some exercise. If I want a treat on a Friday night, have one. Just have a healthy few days afterwards. When I am on a diet and I know I can’t have certain things, it just makes me want them more. Then I eat them , feel guilty and hate myself for it, then cycle starts again.

That has got to stop and is not healthy what so ever.

I am never going to look like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley but that doesn't mean I can’t love the way that I look now.

I know this will be on going and I may not be an easy ride but I feeling positive and determined to be as happy and healthy as I can be!

Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated! 



Blog design by aleelily designs | Powered by Blogger.