Sunday, 31 August 2014

Pullmans and Ploughman's

I love York. I always feel like it's a treat walking down it's cobbled streets and peering into all the oldie worldie pubs and shops.

We were supposed to be going camping this weekend but lack of organisation (by my husband!) meant that nothing got booked so we took ourselves off for a day of meandering.





We had a wonder round the streets and then over to York Minster - the largest gothic cathedral in Northern Europe, did you know? 






I am always in awe at the sheer size and beauty of it. No picture can do it justice.


York is quite a special place to me and Peter, it was where we got engaged! It was just after my 19th birthday in this very spot, in the gardens next to the Minster...


Excuse the surprised expressions! Maybe I was subconsciously re-enacting it!

By the way this is my new Barbour jacket! I have never had one before so I am quite suited with it. It was probably a bit too warm to wear it but I couldn't wait to show it off!

Anyway, we then had a walk to the National Railway Museum. Trains aren't really my thing but I actually enjoyed looking at all the old steam trains and carriages. It's also free to look around- bonus! 


Choo choo!!






'Just Married for 2 years...'



I found the Room of Requirement too!



A few more Mallards and Pullmans later, we were ready for a few wines and some good pub grub..Yorkshire Ploughman style! (Sorry too many wines for photos!) 




We had a great day out in one of my favourite cities. Even though it wasn't what we planned to do it turned out to be just as good! Sometimes that's the case isn't it?

Hope you have had a great weekend too!
Blog design by aleelily designs | Powered by Blogger.