Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Baby Pressure

Although sometimes I don’t like to admit it, I am a ‘Pleaser’. I like to make everyone happy and will do most tasks  - at work and at home  - just for an easy life. It is definitely fair to say I do not like confrontation and would rather just get on with it than say ‘NO’.

But the one thing I am constantly having to say ‘No’ to recently is baby questions.

‘When do you think you will have a baby?’
‘Don’t you think it would be nice to have a little Booth running around’
‘Your Dad really wants to be a Grandad’
‘We need one of our friends to have a baby’
‘What do you think you would name him/her?’

The answer? I really have no idea.



So I am 23 and I have been married for just over 2 years now. I am broody. There is no getting away from the fact and everyone knows it. Especially my poor Husband.

He wants children, just not yet. Which is fine because I am not ready yet either (I have my eye on Mexico next year and we've just booked the log cabin, oh and them Kat Maconie boots…) But waiting another 7/10/12 years, totally not fine!

I have always wanted to be a Mum. A young Mum. I thought, by 24 I would have 2 children (a boy and a girl) and I would be baking Corn flake buns on a Saturday morning and picking Play dough out of my hair.

Obviously things change. 
We wanted our own house at 19. 
We wanted to get married in a Country House with all our family and friends there. 
We wanted to travel North West America for our Honeymoon. 
I wanted that Mulberry purse…

We can’t have everything (when I say ‘we’ I really mean ‘I’)

But when will be the right time? Will I ever know or will it just be a running out of time scenario? It’s the biggest decision you will ever make and I don’t feel in control of the situation what so ever. But does anyone?

What is going through a man’s mind when you are cooing over the strangers baby in the middle of Starbucks?

Maybe I should just buck up and live my life in the present and be a 23 year old instead or worrying about things that might not even be a problem.



It’s all I seem to think about. 
Blog design by aleelily designs | Powered by Blogger.